Thursday, December 1, 2011

Founder's Day



This week we commemorated the 123rd anniversary of the birth of our founder, Mr. R.G. LeTourneau. It was a treat to hear longtime LETU instructor Roger Carr speak in chapel about the legacy of "Mom and Pop" LeTourneau. Roger mentioned in chapel that one of those legacies is Mr. LeTourneau's 299 patents, second only to Thomas Edison. To mark this anniversary, I would like to share these words written by R.G. LeTourneau in 1968:

"I've always said when people ask me about the inventions I've come up with, that anything I've been able to do I credit to God who gave me my mind. Man's mind is marvelous in its accomplishments, but the human mind falls way short when we try to imagine or understand the goodness of God, His love for us, or His plans for our future. 1 Corinthians 2:9 says, 'Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him.' Man can't comprehend such wonders with his natural mind - can't imagine it - but the next verse says, 'But God hath revealed them unto us by His Spirit.' So if you want to enter into the wonders of God, don't try to do it with man's natural mind, but accept God's Son as your Savior and let the Holy Spirit show you the wonders of a life in God, both for now and for eternity."